Erik and Laura-Marie Magazine: Sac Icarus Group

Erik and Laura-Marie Magazine

free perzine, made of paper

My Photo
Name:
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada, United States

Zine maker, writer, activist. I like listening to good listeners. Email me at robotmad (gmail).

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Sac Icarus Group

The Icarus Project
radical mental health by and for the mad community

support group / discussion group
for people with bipolar disorder and other dangerous gifts

Email robotmad@gmail.com
for info about our first Sacramento meeting.


The Icarus Project envisions a new culture and language that resonates with our actual experiences of 'mental illness' rather than trying to fit our lives into a conventional framework.

We are a network of people living with experiences that are often diagnosed and labeled as bipolar or other psychiatric conditions. We believe these experiences are mad gifts needing cultivation and care, rather than diseases or disorders. By joining together as individuals and as a community, the intertwined threads of madness, creativity, and collaboration can inspire hope and transformation in an oppressive and damaged world. Participation in The Icarus Project helps us overcome alienation and tap into the true potential that lies between brilliance and madness.

The Icarus Project international collective: theicarusproject.net

1 Comments:

Blogger HardtravelingHero said...

I thought I recognized the artists' style. Fly ran the DIY workshop in which I made that zine you may still have! She has a book called Peops. Perhaps I will gift it if I decide I don't want to keep it during the great book purging I need to do at some point.

July 14, 2011 9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home